Richard Maynard has previously worked for Hall Of Fame boxing promoter Frank Warren for 18 years overseeing PR and Media for a number of British superstar World Champions, including Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe and Amir Khan.
Richard has also worked with a number of international boxing stars including Mike Tyson, Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko, Bernard Hopkins, Kostya Tszyu and Johnny Tapia on both sides of the Atlantic.
In May 2016, Richard formed his own PR and Media agency, Maynard Communications, that focuses on boxing and sports and immediately started with David Haye, Hennessy Sports, James DeGale and numerous other clients.
In the near two decades in the sport, Richard has handled in excess of 600 championship boxing events with almost 300 being World Championship fights in both the UK, US and further European countries.
Amongst the most celebrated events of Maynard’s career have been:
- Mike Tyson’s European debut against Julius Francis in January 2000 at the M.E.N Arena
- Ricky Hatton’s epic IBF World Super-Lightweight title victory over Kostya Tszyu in June 2005 at the M.E.N Arena
- Joe Calzaghe’s World Super-Middleweight Title Unification at the Millennium Stadium against Mikkel Kessler with a 50,000 attendance in November 2007
- Calzaghe’s American debut against the legendary Bernard Hopkins at the Thomas and Mack Centre in Las Vegas in April 2008
- Amir Khan’s showdown with Mexican legend Marco Antonio Barrera at the M.E.N Arena in March 2009
- Kevin Mitchell’s WBO World Lightweight title fight at West Ham FC’s Upton Park stadium against Michael Katsidis in May 2010
- Dereck Chisora’s controversial heavyweight showdown with rival David Haye in July 2012 at West Ham FC’s Upton Park stadium
- James DeGale’s World Super-Middleweight unification fight against Badou Jack in January 2017 at the Barclays Centre, Brooklyn, New York
Over this extensive period Richard has worked with almost every UK TV network including: Sky Sports (including Sky Box Office), ITV, BBC, Setanta, Dave, and was instrumental in handling the launch of BoxNation through the media. Internationally, Maynard has worked with the major US networks including HBO, Showtime and ESPN and with RTL and Sat1 in Germany.
Richard can handle all aspects of media and PR for an event from writing and distributing press releases to organising press conferences and media events; sourcing, arranging and handling interviews with all media platforms and outlets; handling the media credential process from start to finish; fight week media activities including event day and on-site, activity.
Richard Maynard PDF